sunnuntai 22. marraskuuta 2009

Project Runway showdown


Last night aired the final runway showdown of the Season 6's Project Runway. Althea's, Carol Hannah's and Irina's fashion forward visions were showcased in Bryant Park for the world to see. I enjoyed all of the collections and could easily pick something from each collection to wear. Announcing Irina as the winner of Season 6 was no surprise to me. Her work during the show has been consistent, meticulous and well preceived by the judges as was her collection at Bryant Park. Although I can totally see why she was chosen as the winner of the competition I lost my heart for Carol Hannah's collection. Sure it lacked some cohesion typical for these types of shows, but her garments were to die for. My absolute favourite was her starter piece, which also vowed the judges.

Project Runway - Runway - Fall 09 MBFW

Such a beautifully made piece with fantasic colours. I especially loved the way that black bordering brings out the other colours and the cut of this dress. There were so many pieces in her collection which I could see wearing.


Project Runway - Runway - Fall 09 MBFW


I think these are very flattering designs which work well in normal life not just on a runway show or red carpet. I guess that's why I love them so much. Lot of the clothes on runway shows looks great but I personally find them unwearable in real life. Carol Hannah also offers great gowns for formal evening do's - I mean that is what she does well! Check these out!



Irina's collections had all the cohesion Carol Hannah's was missing. It was edgy and stylish and it even showcased headwear which reminded me of helmets that horse riders wear. Unfortunately, all the magnificent tailoring got lost in the black. It was little depressing almost. But she has some winner pieces I loved. Her jackets were amazing.


Project Runway - Runway - Fall 09 MBFW


Project Runway - Runway - Fall 09 MBFW

Althea's collection was very true to her style seen earlier on the season. Great tailoring of suits and super comfy looking knitwear. As with Irina's collection I felt that Althea's collection lacked some colour. My favourite pieces were her cropped pants suit and oversized cardigan. Lush!


Project Runway - Runway - Fall 09 MBFW


I look forward to catching up with the Project Runway's Finnish version which is aired on Thursdays. Having been abroad for quite few weeks I missed a great deal of the earlier shows, but am hoping that the real talent is really shown at the end. Exciting viewing ahead.

Align CenterAll of the images are borrowed from www.myitthings.com or http://allprojectrunway.blogspot.com


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti